Small Business News

Temporary ID Cards Available

Temporary ID cards are available in cases where employees need to visit a doctor before they receive their cards. Currently, there are processes in place for all three medical carriers. This list will be updated as processes go live for more dental carriers.


HSA HealthPlan: Call (844) 234-4HSA (4472) for any questions

SelectHealth: SelectHealth members can print temporary ID cards by logging into their My Health account. Start by creating an account at MyHealth at Members can also call SelectHealth Member Services at 800.538.5038 for help with creating a My Health login.

UnitedHealthcare: Employees can print a temporary ID card from UHC's website 48 hours after the member has been added to the UHC system. Employees will first need to register at, providing their First and Last Name, Member ID, and Group Policy Number (or SSN and Date of Birth, and clicking "Subscriber with no ID Card"). They will also need to provide an e-mail address, and create a User Name and Password. Once they've registered, they can go in and print a temporary card.


Delta Dental: Delta Dental members can register for an online services account at After registering, members can print an ID card.

Small Employer Premium Tax Credit Calculator

How much is your tax credit? has created a new calculator to help small businesses determine the tax credit they could be eligible for. You can access the calculator at To be eligible for a tax credit, your company must:

  • Have fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees
  • Pay an average wage of less than $50,000 (excluding owner's wages)
  • Contribute at least half of the premium of an employee-only plan for each employee
  • You'll want to have the following information handy so you can get an accurate estimate:
    • Tax status (exempt vs. non-exempt)
    • A list of all full-time and part-time employees

The hours worked per week by part-time employees (you'll have the option to enter the hours worked by each part-time employee onto a worksheet that will calculate the total hours for all part-time employees):

  • Annual wages that will be paid to employees this year
  • Insurance premiums paid last year or this year (health and dental)
  • The chart linked here will give you a good idea of your potential tax credit.

ID Cards Coming in January

Avenue H participants should receive ID cards from their insurers in early January.

Our recent one-week extension of the registration and enrollment dates for January 1, 2014 effective dates required that we push back other dates as well. This means that ID cards will be mailed in late December or early January, and should arrive at participants' homes toward the end of the first week or early the second week of January.

If you need to use your insurance before your card arrives, contact your insurer to get your member ID number.

The Avenue H Customer Solutions line can connect you to your insurer and verify enrollment if needed.

Avenue H Customer Solutions — 1-855-850-2834

Press 2 for Employees, then press 2 for ID Cards, then press 1 for Medical insurers.
Listen for your insurer on the list of options, then press their number to connect to their member services department.

Get Broker News